- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science (B.A., B.S.)
Biology is an exciting and dynamic field that trains people for a wide range of careers that improve human welfare and environmental stewardship.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The biology program prepares students for leading positions in a wide range of careers. Students may individualize their degree program by specializing in the following emphases:
- Animal biology
- Aquatic sciences
- Genetics and cell/molecular biology
- Plant biology
- Preveterinary, premedical, predental
- Teacher certification
- Wildlife biology
A degree in biology includes coursework in:
- Animal and plant biology
- Cell and molecular biology
- Lab and field experience
The following are just a few career options for biologists:
- Biology educator
- Evolutionary biologist
- Health professional
- Molecular biologist
Why Study Biology at Grand Valley?
By enrolling into a biology program at Grand Valley you can expect the following:
- Personal attention by faculty committed to teaching in all of your courses in our student-centered program.
- Extensive hands-on and project-based learning supported by our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory and field facilities.
- Interaction with faculty possessing a wide range of expertise.
- Opportunities for internships, international and domestic field study, and mentor-guided student research.
- Graduates from the biology program have been highly successful in obtaining employment as well as admission to prestigious graduate programs.
- Regular networking opportunities with faculty, peers, alumni, professional organizations and industry stakeholders.
For More Information
Department of Biology
“The biology department has excellent opportunities available outside of the classroom with faculty members in a wide range of specialties, which can provide very valuable knowledge and experience not normally obtained prior to graduate-level studies.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University