- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science (B.A., B.S.)
Biology is an exciting and dynamic field that trains people for a wide range of careers that improve human welfare and environmental stewardship.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The biology program prepares students for leading positions in a wide range of careers. Students may individualize their degree program by specializing in the following emphases:
- Animal biology
- Aquatic sciences
- Genetics and cell/ molecular biology
- Plant biology
- Preveterinary, premedical, or predental studies
- Teacher certification
- Wildlife biology
A degree in biology includes coursework in:
- Animal and plant biology
- Cell and molecular biology
- Lab and field experience
The following are just a few career options for biologists:
- Biology educator
- Evolutionary biologist
- Health professional
- Molecular biologist
A Master of Science in biology is also available. For details, visit www.gvsu.edu/grad/biology/.
Why Study Biology at Grand Valley?
By enrolling into a biology program at Grand Valley you can expect the following:
- Personal attention by faculty committed to teaching in all of your courses in our student-centered program.
- Extensive hands-on and project-based learning supported by our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory and field facilities.
- Interaction with faculty possessing a wide range of expertise.
- Opportunities for internships, international and domestic field study, and mentor-guided student research.
- Graduates from the biology program have been highly successful in obtaining employment as well as admission to prestigious graduate programs.
- Regular networking opportunities with faculty, peers, alumni, professional organizations, and industry stakeholders.
“The Biology Department has excellent opportunities available outside of the classroom with faculty members in a wide range of specialties, which can provide very valuable knowledge and experience not normally obtained prior to graduate-level studies.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University