Clinical Research Trials Management
The approval process of new medications and devices is complex. Central to the process is the clinical research trial. Clinical trials are lengthy and must be implemented through careful and ethical investigation and evaluation to ensure the protection of their human subjects. Likewise, they must adhere to the ever-growing complexity of laws and regulations.
Gvsu And Msu Online Graduate Certificate
Grand Valley State University (GVSU) and Michigan State University (MSU) have teamed up to help prepare a clinical research workforce ready to meet these growing market needs by offering a joint online certificate program, the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Trials Management (CRTM). The certificate program is designed for both current clinical research professionals who are seeking to further their careers and students preparing for entry-level to mid-level positions.
The Crtm Program
- Facilitates the understanding of the roles and responsibilities of all personnel involved with a clinical research trial.
- Focuses on data collection and management.
- Familiarizes students with analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of results.
- Teaches a variety of possible research designs.
- Investigates the ethical principles, regulatory codes, and policies in research trials.
- Familiarizes students with the governing agencies and institutions which provide for the protection of human and animal subjects.
Required Online Courses
- PSM 650 (GVSU) Ethics & Professionalism in Applied Science
- PHM 659 (MSU) Regulatory Affairs & Project Management
- HM 868 (MSU) Integrated Research Study Design & Informatics
Choose one of the following:
- AHS 692 (GVSU) Clinical Research Trials Practicum
- PA 535 (GVSU) Grant Writing
- STA 610 (GVSU) Applied Statistics for Health Professions
Courses can be applied toward professional science master's degrees, as well as other master's programs.
Data supports a bright outlook for clinical research-related positions. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects continued national job growth in the field. Many professionals are needed to implement a clinical trial:
- Clinical research coordinators
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information: