Student Organizations requesting vehicle reservations must contact the Office of Student Life at 331-2345 for assistance, or to reserve online through Student Life's Vehicle Reservation link.
If you need to rent a vehicle for university business, Facilities Services may assist you. To reserve a vehicle please complete the Vehicle Reservation Form, and email email@example.com or fax the form to 616-331-3841 attn: Customer Service at least 10 days prior to the trip. All reservations are subject to availability. If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at 616-331-3000.
*The Pupil Transportation Act (257.1810) prohibits K-12 age children from being transported in 12 or 15 passenger vans. (Please plan accordingly for your programming needs.)
University Motorpool Vehicle Rental Option
The University Motorpool has two 7-passenger and two 15 passenger vans that are available for department use on a first come basis in lieu of utilizing a rental agency. Roadside Assistance is not available for the GVSU Motorpool vehicles. The rental charges/policies are as follows:
- Daily usage $.45 per mile with a minimum daily charge of $20.00.
- Extended usage fees are $60.00 per day (7 passenger) and $80.00 per day (15 passenger van) with no additional mileage charges.
- A vehicle rental form, including your FOAP, must be received prior to the rental of the vehicle, and before a vehicle will be released to the department.
- The customer/department will be responsible for returning the vehicle fueled and in clean, good condition. If not, the department will be charged for the fuel and labor to restore the vehicle to good condition.
- Extensions of a rental will not be permitted with the GVSU motorpool vehicles. Many other departments have scheduled usage for day trips.
Rental Agency Option
Enterprise has a variety of vehicles available for rental. See options at www.enterprise.com. To receive the Grand Valley discount you will need to complete the Vehicle Reservation Form and email it to the Facilities Customer Service Office ( firstname.lastname@example.org). Rental rates are comparable with the university motorpool costs. Enterprise costs include delivery of vehicles to the Allendale campus (Lot D) and direct billing. Enterprise will charge a minimum 2 day rental if you are renting Friday - Sunday. If you need to pick up the vehicle at the Gerald R. Ford Airport Kathy can assist you, call 331-3000. Enterprise does not allow their 15 passenger vans to travel into Canada.
Keys may be picked up at the Service Building at the Facilities Services Front Desk, between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. After hours Public Safety can assist you.
GVSU mini-vans are parked in the Service Building north parking lot. GVSU 15 passenger vans and Enterprise rental vehicles are parked in the north part of Lot D-3 during the academic year. Each trip may have 1 vehicle parked in lot D-3. You must obtain a permit from email@example.com. All other vehicles must be parked in Lot J during your trip. All vehicles must have a GVSU parking permit. If you do not, then you will need to make arrangements with the Public Safety Department (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Additional questions regarding parking may be answered by contacting DPS at 616-331-3255.