Preparation Requirements for Bulk Mail
- Only mailed within U.S.A.
- Must have 200 pieces
- Each piece must be identical in weight, size, and contents
- Each piece must have a printed indicia on the envelope or it can be "stamped" on
- The GVSU "corporate indicia" will work at either post office
Regular Bulk indicia:
- If you are using either of the 2 imprints above, you must use the GVSU return address for your campus. Ex: 1 Campus Drive, 301 W. Fulton, 401 W. Fulton, etc.
- Seal all envelopes larger than 6 1/8" X 11 1/2"
- Feather all envelopes smaller than 6 1/8" X 11 1/2"
- Give an account number to charge
- Give total number of pieces
ZIP CODE ORDER the entire mailing
a) Bundle together 10 or more pieces with the same zip code
b) If there are less than 10 pieces - they can be combined with other zip codes that share the first three digits of the zip code.
* i.e. a few pieces of 49401, 49422, and 49415 can be combined to make a bundle of 10 or more 494.
* Remember, if there are 10 or more of the same zip code, do not mix them with other numbers.
c) Miscellaneous pieces, which will not fit into a bundle of 10 or more pieces - sort them by states and mark them MISC.
- Bulk mailings will be processed with in 3 days or less.
- Mail Services will fill out all appropriate paper work required by the USPS
- Kent Communications or other mail houses should be contacted for large (over 2,000) pieces
- Kent Communications can update your mailing list and pre-print automated labels for your department that will lower your mailing cost per piece.
Page last modified June 27, 2011