Graduate Assistantships -- Student Information and Resources
A Graduate Assistantship (GA) is a work opportunity that programs and units at Grand Valley State University offer to graduate students. The benefits of a graduate assistantship include:
- 10- or 20-hour per week work on campus or in the field.
- Potentially a 2-year commitment, depending on the position and program.
- Opportunities to conduct research, assist with instruction, or provide service to university constituents.
- Tuition assistance in the form of a tuition waiver.
- A bi-weekly stipend over a semester or academic year.
- Paid student parking during the term of their assistantship.
- Experience within their field of study.
- An opportunity to apply their classroom knowledge in a professional setting.
- Note: Grand Valley does not charge a higher tuition rate based on residency. Tuition is based on the program in which you chose to enroll. Visit the financial aid office webpage for tuition and fees.
Other Options for Financial Support