SSD Registration Process
All GVSU students, graduate and undergraduate are welcome to present their scholarly and creative work at SSD. The SSD registration process begins the last week of January. We understand that a number of students have not completed their work by the registration deadline, but may still register their project for presentation in April at SSD. If you have specific questions, please refer to the Student Participant Information, or the Faculty Mentor Information. Additional Questions can be directed to email@example.com. The 19th Annual Student Scholars Day will be held on Wednesday April 9, 2014.
Registration Process Deadlines
January 27th, 2014 - Registration Opens
February 14th, 2014 - Registration Closes at 11:59 PM - This is the deadline to register presentation details, including a finished abstract. All faculty mentors and co-presenters must approve the presentation by this date. Please note: No late submissions or changes will be accepted beyond February 14th, 2014. There will be NO administrative support after 5:00 PM.
- Student logs onto registration site and submits presentation information.
- Email is sent to Faculty Mentor(s).
- Faculty Mentor(s) logs onto registration site, reviews presentation information, including title and abstract.
- Faculty Mentor(s) approves presentation.
- All co-presenters log onto registration site and approve the presentation.
Need help writing an abstract? Click here
Student Login - click the link to register/revise presentations
Faculty Login - click the link to approve presentations
Please note: When registering, you may see a section that asks for a location code. Location codes are only needed for certain classes participating in SSD. All students who need specific location codes have been contacted by their faculty mentors.
The following is the list of information needed to fully register a presentation for Student Scholars Day. Please have this information available prior to visiting the registration site to avoid error and headache. Information will be able to be updated online simply by using the login feature.
Required Information for Registration
• Name(s) and GVSU student email address(es) of student participant(s)
• Name(s) and GVSU email address(es) of faculty mentor(s)
• Title of Presentation
• Abstract or Artist's Statement describing the project (limit 1000 characters)
• Desired time of presentation (You will be able to choose the room and time of your oral presentation according to current availability.)
• Type of Presentation (Select one from among the following. Selecting the appropriate type of presentation is extremely important as the type of presentation dictates when and where your presentation will be scheduled.)
- Oral (20 minutes, including 5 minutes for Q&A)
- Poster/Portfolio (Displayed all day; presenter chooses one hour to stand by poster for Q&A)
- Live Performance (20-60 minutes)
- Exhibition of Art (Displayed all day; presenter chooses one hour to stand by artwork for Q&A)
- Film/video (20-60 minutes)
- Panel (several presentations clustered with a central theme)
- Other (SSD will accommodate any type of presentation)
Presentations Involving Human Subjects
All research involving human subjects performed at GVSU and/or by GVSU students, staff, and/or faculty must be reviewed and approved by the Human Research Review Committee prior to beginning the research. Click here for more information.
Presentations involving Animal Research
All animal research at GVSU must be conducted in accordance with IACUC standards and comply with the Public Health Service policies and USDA animal welfare regulations. All research involving the use of animals must be approved prior to beginning research activities.
Page last modified July 19, 2013