Who we are:
University Communications is a unit of the University Relations Division. We provide a variety of services and products to tell the Grand Valley story to audiences within the university and those reached through the mass media. Our services include:
- Media Relations/News Releases
- Photography Services
- Crisis Communications
- Media Training
- Event Support
- Live Webcasting
- Social Media Management and Consultation
Approval from an executive officer is required for live webcasting and video services. When a request is submitted, UComm will review the video project and contact the requester for more information.
University Communications products include:
- Forum: A newsletter for faculty and staff members and retirees.
- GVNow: Video features like "Around Grand Valley" and daily campus news reports are a part of this online publication.
- Grand Valley Magazine: Quarterly magazine for the Grand Valley community that includes profiles, features, research news and news about alumni and campus events.
- Videos: UComm produces convocation and commencement videos, along with special projects, as approved by an executive officer.
- Success Stories: These items, located on the Grand Valley homepage, tell the unique accomplishments of students, faculty and staff members, and alumni.
- Sources Guide: This guide is an online topical arrangement of faculty and staff members who can serve as sources for reporters looking for commentary on breaking news stories or subjects for features.
For marketing planning, website development, print pieces, copy style guide or advertising, please contact Institutional Marketing.
The two falcons chicks were banded by the Michigan DNR on May 24.
The Donald Sinta Quartet received a gold medal in the 45th annual Fischoff Competition.
Lucas Murphy and Nolan Hitt competed against 262 schools at a tournament in Tennessee.
The garden, located next to Au Sable Hall, is an extension of the Sustainable Agriculture Project.